Christmas is about being with those you love. And, although presents are nice, it can also be a time to center yourself with your family, your friends, and God. So, here are some Christmas Bible verses that will help you remember the most important aspects of the holidays.
So, whether you are focusing on your family, remembering His love, or thinking about ways to be a better person, these Bible verses will help you through the holidays. Because Christmas is the perfect time to take a step back and be thankful for your family and friends, as well as thankful for the person you have become.
When talking about the birth of Jesus.
Because we all know He is the reason we're all celebrating.
- "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government will be upon His shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6
- "But after he had pondered these things, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said 'Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to embrace Mary as your wife, for the Once conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a Son, and you shall give Him the name Jesus, because He will save His people from their sins." - Matthew 1:20
- "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel." - Isaiah 7:14
- "But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." - Luke 2:10
When we need to remember the love of God.
Hallmark movies are right, Christmas is the season of love.
- "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
- "What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" - Romans 8:31
- "In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins." - John 4:9
- "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love." - John 4:7
When we need to remember that grace is more important than presents.
Gift cards are cool, but so is finding peace and grace within yourself.
- "For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ." - John 1:17
- "The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth." - John 1:14
- "Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." - Corinthians 12:8
- "Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings. It is good for our hearts to be strengthened by grace, not by eating ceremonial foods, which is of no benefit to those who do so." - Hebrews 13:9
When we need to remember that we are constantly changing for the better.
What better time to focus on self-growth than the holidays. This is also the perfect time to think about how we will grow and improve next year.
- "Say to the Daughter of Zion, 'See, your King comes to you, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.' So the disciples went and did as Jesus had directed them. They brought the donkey and the colt and laid their cloaks on them, and Jesus sat on them." - Matthew 21:5
- "To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice." - Proverbs 21:3
- "And he answered, 'you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.' And he said to him, 'you have answered correctly; do this, and you will live.'" - Luke 10:25
- "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." - Jeremiah 29:11
When we need to focus on our family.
Family is truly the reason for the season. There is nothing more important than spending that quality time with those you love the most.
- "Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." - Colossians 3:13
- "Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court." - Psalm 127:3
- "Children's children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children." - Proverbs 17:6
- "As a mother consoles a child, so I will console you, and you will be consoled over Jerusalem." - Isaiah 66:13