Maybe just delete your account?
On Wednesday's The View, Whoopi Goldberg slammed Roseanne Barr for sharing a picture that had been photoshopped to portray Goldberg wearing a t-shirt that depicted President Donald Trump shooting himself in the head along with the words “Make America Great Again.”
And the actual picture?
It was taken during last year's Women's March and Goldberg’s shirt read, “And you thought I was a nasty woman before? Buckle up, buttercup.”
Roseanne just retweeted this tweet which has a doctored photo of @WhoopiGoldberg The real image is on the right https://t.co/b2OazIW7SY— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@Yashar Ali 🐘) 1527648973.0
Journalist Yashar Ali tweeted a screenshot of the tweet indicating Barr's retweet.
“Here we go again,” Goldberg said earlier this morning on The View, which she co-hosts. “Some bonehead photoshopped a horrific image on the shirt and she retweeted this!”
She continued: “So this is what I’m going to say, Roseanne. Just because you were caught with your pants down, don’t try to drag other people down with you... I didn’t fake my shirt, someone else faked my shirt. But that’s your tweet. That tweet came from you. So that’s yours. You did this to yourself.”
Barr later deleted the incendiary retweet, but the damage was done. The image quickly circulated around social media, turning up on conservative and alt-right pages.
Others were quick to point out that the photo was doctored.
Barr later retweeted other material also shown to be fake, including a doctored photo of former Obama aide Valerie Jarrett's college yearbook. Barr's hit show, Roseanne, was canceled yesterday amid backlash to a tweet she authored referring to Jarret as "the offspring of the Muslim Brotherhood and Planet of the Apes."
2. Roseanne has taken down the retweet above and in the meantime she’s retweeted this which is also fake. https://t.co/WBZwhH1xD1— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@Yashar Ali 🐘) 1527649423.0
Barr also retweeted content from Twitter users which appeared to cast her actions in a sympathetic light––even after she issued apologies claiming that she had overstepped the line.
3. More retweets from Roseanne https://t.co/u8G5bpZ5oU— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@Yashar Ali 🐘) 1527649623.0
"@ValerieJarrett I want to apologize to you. I am very sorry to have hurt you. I hope you can accept this sincere apology!" Barr wrote yesterday in a tweet which was issued after the tweets shown above.
@ValerieJarrett I want to apologize to you. I am very sorry to have hurt you. I hope you can accept this sincere apology!— Roseanne Barr (@Roseanne Barr) 1527651584.0
Roseanne later issued an official apology, saying she made "a thoughtless joke."
Here's @therealroseanne's apology. https://t.co/YWZ6i6WWq7— Kate Aurthur (@Kate Aurthur) 1527651550.0
However, after issuing her apology, Barr retweeted more conspiracy theories pertaining to Jarrett.
6. Two hours after apologizing to @ValerieJarrett again, Roseanne just retweeted this. To learn about the Qanon/Sto… https://t.co/EnM3fwB8fX— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@Yashar Ali 🐘) 1527661178.0
Barr also retweeted a tweet falsely attributed to Joy Behar, who is Whoopi Goldberg's co-host on The View.
10. Roseanne retweeted this tweet this morning which contains a fake tweet attributed to @JoyVBehar - Joy never twe… https://t.co/r0oxdDFuBx— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@Yashar Ali 🐘) 1527683653.0
She would later share material featuring "unsubstantiated" claims about ABC executive Channing Dungey's decision to cancel her show.
11. Roseanne retweeted this tweet which has a bunch of unsubstantiated claims about Channing Dungey the ABC executi… https://t.co/S8CxDD6NeU— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@Yashar Ali 🐘) 1527683782.0
Dungey released a statement yesterday calling Barr's remarks "abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values."