Weddings can be stressful. There's a lot of planning, coordination, organization and chaos involved when really all anyone wants is to have a good time. If you've been bestowed the duties of maid of honor, you probably already have a lot on your plate. The last thing you're thinking about is giving a memorable toast at the end of your speech. We've already given you a rundown of the best drinking toasts for all occasions, but a wedding requires a truly special one.
According to WeddingWire, the best way to write a maid of honor speech is to start as early as possible, introduce your relationship with the bride, TALK about the bride, talk about her partner, talk about them as a couple, and, most importantly, don't mention exes or past drunken debauchery. The typical maid of honor speech is about 2-3 minutes long and usually ends with a toast.
If you're in need of a unique and funny drinking toast for your maid of honor speech on your bestie's special day, we've got you covered here. There's something for every kind of maid of honor—everything from sentimental with a touch of humor to wacky and riotous.
Here are the 10 best drinking toasts for Maids of Honor:
- "I wish for you a lifetime of love and joy, surrounded by family and friends who love you, for all of your wishes to come true, and a life of ease and abundance."
- “If it doesn’t work out between you two, you know where to find me.”
- "[To the Groom] You’re a lucky man. She will devote the same love and commitment that I’ve felt from her over the years to you and that is priceless. Congratulations. I wish you infinite years of happiness.”
- "I wish you two all the love and happiness in the world. How blessed you are to celebrate your love on this beautiful day. I know there are many happy years of love and togetherness ahead for you."
- "Let’s all raise our glasses to the bride and groom, and wish them a lifetime of love and joy!"
- "This shows us that no matter how wacky or crazy we are, there is someone out there for us! Ladies and Gentlemen, a toast for the Bride and Groom."
- "Love is a friendship that has caught fire, so may your love burn bright for years to come. Here’s to my best friend and her new best friend.”
- "I've had to put up with her for [#] years. Now it's your turn."
- "Today is not only a celebration of where you are now and the road ahead, but the road that has brought you here. Congratulations."
- "Love is overcoming obstacles, facing challenges, fighting to be together, holding on and never letting go. I hope you can both look back on today as the moment you loved each other the least."