Christian evangelist Billy Graham has died today at the age of 99. Remember the influential, 20th-century preacher with these quotes and sayings that celebrate his career and impact on American Christianity and Christians.
Graham was born on November 7, 1918, in Charlotte, North Carolina. He was the "pastor to presidents" and provided counsel for every president from Harry Truman in 1945 to Barack Obama, but is probably best remembered for his repudiation of racial segregation during the Civil Rights era. In 1957, Graham invited Martin Luther King Jr. to preach jointly at a revival in New York City. He would later bail the Reverend out of jail in the 1960s.
Remember Billy Graham with these inspirational quotes from a man who caught the world's attention with his belief and his spirit:
1. “I've read the last page of the Bible, it's all going to turn out all right.”
2. “There is nothing wrong with men possessing riches. The wrong comes when riches possess men.”
3. “The only time my prayers are never answered is on the golf course.”
4. “When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost.”
5. “Knowing we will be with Christ forever far outweighs our burdens today! Keep your eyes on eternity!”
6. “Being a Christian is more than just an instantaneous conversion – it is a daily process whereby you grow to be more and more like Christ.”
7. "Mountaintops are for views and inspiration, but fruit is grown in the valleys."
8. "The moment we take our last breath on earth, we take our first in heaven.”
9. “Believers, look up – take courage. The angels are nearer than you think.”
10. “Quit beating yourself up. We all live under grace and do the best we can.”