Trump's DHS Secretary Announced 'Complete Breakdown of Law and Order' in NYC and People Brought the Hilarious Evidence
President Donald Trump's acting Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Chad Wolf tried and failed to drum up anti-immigrant furor on his Twitter account.
Sharing a disturbing story of an undocumented immigrant accused of murdering a 92-year-old woman, Wolf said New York City had seen a "complete breakdown of law and order."
President Donald Trump began his presidential campaign in 2015, describing Mexican immigrants as "rapists" and "murderers."
Though there's no evidence to support a connection between undocumented immigrants and violent crime, the President gleefully uses murders committed by undocumented immigrants to drum up a fear of all undocumented immigrants.
It appears that tradition doesn't stop with Donald Trump.
Nancy Pelosi Just Said What We're All Thinking About Kirstjen Nielsen's Resignation as Donald Trump's Homeland Security Secretary
On Sunday afternoon, now-former Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen resigned from her post effective immediately. Reports say that President Donald Trump did not think her extreme enough. The policies championed by Nielsen on behalf of the President were reviled by many as inhumane and careless, so that Trump still didn't consider her to be hard-line enough concerned Americans everywhere—including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA).
Pelosi says the fact that Nielsen "is reportedly resigning because she is not extreme enough for the White House’s liking is deeply alarming" in a statement released following President Donald Trump's announcement that Nielsen would no longer be working with his administration.
Republican Congressman Was Just Denied Entry Into a Migrant Child Detention Facility and Now He’s Putting Trump’s Homeland Security on Blast
Congressman Carlos Curbelo (R-FL) was denied entry on Friday into a detention facility that holds unaccompanied minors and migrant children who were separated from their parents at the U.S.-Mexican border.
Curbelo then took to Twitter to blast the Department of Homeland Security, which the Republican said had initially agreed to grant him access. Curbelo wrote the "visit had been confirmed with local operators for over a week" but "last night was told by
@HHSGov staff in Washington I would be refused entry."
Donald Trump and Jeff Sessions Have Been Lying About Northern California ICE Raids and an ICE Spokesman Just Resigned Over It
James Schwab Jr. joined the Department of Homeland Security in 2015 to serve as a spokesperson for Immigration and Customs Enforcement in San Francisco. According to a 2016 profile by his hometown paper, Schwab loved his job. But now he's unemployed.
“I just couldn’t bear the burden — continuing on as a representative of the agency and charged with upholding integrity, knowing that information was false,” Schwab told CNN.
This week resulted in another hiccup in President Trump’s infamous plan for a border wall between the United States and Mexico.
Because the proposed wall would sit on the territorial border between the U.S. and Mexico, which covers 1,189 miles throughout four U.S. states — California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas — and that land is both federally- and privately-owned, or inhabited by Native American tribes, there are a myriad groups who could potentially take legal action against the Executive Order.
Vice President Mike Pence used an AOL email account and sent sensitive information while serving as governor of Indiana. The use of private accounts is not technically illegal, but it does raise questions about security and judgment, and to critics Pence's hypocrisy as a highly vocal critic of Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server. The Indianapolis Star reports that the emails sent included information about FBI terrorism arrests, governor's mansion security, and Indiana's response to terrorist attacks around the world.
Private accounts are usually less secure than those provided by government agencies, and Pence's account was breached this summer. In June, before being chosen as President Donald Trump's vice president, hackers accessed the account and sent an email to Pence's contacts requesting money.