It's the first day of spring, which means it's almost Easter! Spring often comes with a fresh feeling of spiritual renewal and growth. But what does the Bible say about spring?
In 2018, the spring equinox occurs at 12:15 p.m. EDT in the northern hemisphere. During this time, the sun will move directly over the earth's equator and signal the first day of the astronomical spring, versus the meteorological spring. These are the two ways to measure the seasons: the astronomical way reflects natural phenomena to mark time, while the meteorological way is based on the annual temperature cycle as well as our 12-month calendar.
The meteorological spring begins on March 1, and the meteorological spring always occurs during the vernal equinox, which occurs on March 19, 20, or 21 every year, writes DateAndTime.com. The spring equinox is one of the four seasonal astronomical events that affect the earth. The others include the summer solstice, the autumnal equinox, and the winter solstice.
Read the most inspirational scripture about this change of season here
1. "Ask the LORD for rain in the springtime; it is the LORD who sends the thunderstorms. He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the field to everyone." — Zechariah 10:1
2. "Spring flowers are in blossom all over. The whole world's a choir - and singing! Spring warblers are filling the forest with sweet arpeggios. Lilacs are exuberantly purple and perfumed, and cherry trees fragrant with blossoms. Oh, get up, dear friend, my fair and beautiful lover - come to me!" — Song of Solomon 2:12-13
3. "Be patient, then, brothers and sisters, until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains." — James 5:7
4. "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me." — Psalm 51:10
5. "They waited for me as for showers and drank in my words as the spring rain." — Job 29:23
6. "Truth shall spring out of the earth; and righteousness shall look down from heaven." — Psalm 85:11
7. "Let us acknowledge the LORD; let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth." — Hosea 6:3
8. "When a king's face brightens, it means life; his favor is like a rain cloud in spring." — Proverbs 16:15
9. "They will spring up like grass in a meadow, like poplar trees by flowing streams." — Isaiah 44:4
10. "That though the wicked spring up like grass and all evildoers flourish, they will be destroyed forever." — Psalms 92:7